Friday, November 20, 2009

Fresh Start

After our discussion in class today, I've come to the conclusion that I really need to get it together. As I sat there listening to all these fascinating new things in media, I realized I had never heard of any of them. Granted, I'm not a huge news follower, unless you count celebrity gossip. Even after the discussion on google wave, I honestly just still don't get it. I'm not a huge fan of change, so all these new media happenings just aren't totally my thing. I like having my little cell phone which I am so used to and know how to use inside and out. I like the original facebook layout which I was so comfortable and familiar with, but then they had to go an change is 7 million times.

I have to admit, I am intriged my the iphone, but scared at the same time. I'm scared about a couple things: 1. I'm scared that if I get one, I will have no idea how to learn how to use it, and end up just looking so ridiclious and not doing it justice. And 2. that if I do get one, that it will quickly become outdated and something newer, better, and easier will come along and be all the rage. I realize this is always a risk in new media because of the new inventions and discoveries in technology.

Today I am turning over a new leaf in media I decided. As of today I want to promise myself that I will keep myself more in touch and up to date with what is going on in media. I will no longer have a baffeled look on my face when I hear about the latest invention. Instead, I will be able to join in and contribute to that conversation. And hopefully, I will do so with an iphone in my hand!

No comments:

Post a Comment